Sunday, July 8, 2012

Where It All Began...

This is where it all began... 2011, school holidays, bored and jealous of watching all my friends being all "creative" and what not while I sat on my ever widening behind...

Superman Comic Book Stools




I went along to the Armageddon Expo in Auckland and found a stall boxes and boxes of $0.50 comic books. I spent about $20 and came away with so much to read and enjoy.
After reading them all cover to cover I felt they were a waste hanging out on the shelf...

It was pretty simple (although I had a few failed attempts)

I sanded back two wooden stools I found on tradme for about $5. I spray painted the parts I was not going to cover (to be honest I was too lazy to cover) with black spray paint.

I cut out and stuck on the images I wanted to use (this can take a while when being picky).



Once all were glued down then I used poly to cover the stools and make sure they were protected and waterproof.

I put around 3 layers on and they have survived really well for over a year with no scratches and can be wiped down easily.

They still live on in my kitchen...


Well, pretty much this is where it all started and I have been filling the flat with random old furniture which are my "future projects" ever since ...

Check out my facebook - http://www.facebook.com/InorganicSalvation


Two complete Superman Stools

No comments:

Post a Comment