Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Revived Table

A friend gave me this old table, it was rather well loved judging by the scratches and the worn down varnish.

I also felt the beige tiles were a little dated...

Original table
So I sanded down the entire table and stripped back the old varnish. I put a few new coats of varnish on the wood to spruce it up and bring the wood back to life.

I then tapped around the wood and sprayed the tiled sections in bright orange and bright blue

Varnished and coloured

 Lastly I waited a few days for everything to be dry (it's winter so it takes a while) and then I layer it several times with poly so the tiles and wood are protected from chipping and water.

Finished product, protected by layers of poly

http://www.facebook.com/InorganicSalvation

No comments:

Post a Comment