Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Comic Book Coffee Tables

I purchased some cheap wooden coffee tables which nestled together. I really liked the shape but thought they needed sprucing up...

I find a lot of furniture on trademe or at thrift stores
 I sanded down both tables and found a fantastic "comic book" green to paint the ends



I used some GI Joe comics (given to me by a very good friend) and chose images which complemented the "comic book" green. It took a while finding the bluey and orangey images that flowed together well...

A lot of time was spent in front of the tele sticking this all down


Once I was happy with how all the images looked I coated them with several layers of matt poly (I did so many layers because they are coffee tables and I wanted them to be water proof ~ who can be bothered using coasters??)






And now they are hanging out in my lounge with the footstool I also made... I just love them... I have made several other pieces like this and bespoke pieces can be made specific to ones furniture style and comic/image preference.

Finished Product
If you have any questions or want a piece made for you or someone else please contact me through my facebook http://www.facebook.com/InorganicSalvation


No comments:

Post a Comment